Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What to leave in, what to leave out

Well those drifter's days are past me now
I've got so much more to think about
Deadlines and commitments
What to leave in, what to leave out

Against the wind
I'm still runnin' against the wind
I'm older now but still runnin' against the wind---Bob Seger



Hence the title of my blog.  Running was so much easier when I had to show up to practice every day at 3:30.  I didn't mind bundling up in the cold.  I didn't spend an hour each day communting to work.

Today some coworkers in the office next to mine were talking about this very thing, how do we fit it all in?  One of them had her first baby last spring and she hasn't figured out how to squeeze in a workout between a full-time job and full-time mommyhood.  But the single gal who lives five minutes from the hospital can't find the time either.  Life happens regardless of marriage, family, commuting, working. 

So, the goal now is to try and do something.  Yesterday it was 30 minutes on the eliptical machine.  Tonight it was Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  I prefer the eliptical machine to the treadmill for training inside because it's a lot less pounding.  The 30 Day Shred is a good core workout which is  good for swimming.  Tim has set up a little mini workout area in our basement so there is no exuse not to walk down the stairs and do something.  The dog and cats like to come down and watch so I even have someone to talk to! 

I probably won't blog every day for the next 7 months, but for the start, it helps me find what to leave in. 

1 comment:

  1. Go for it, your body is the temple of your soul - take care of it.

    ReplyDelete